Tribe Talk Family Business Week 1
2 Kings 4:1-7
1 A certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, saying, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord. And the creditor is coming to take my two sons to be his slaves.”
2 So Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?” And she said, “Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil.”
3 Then he said, “Go, borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbors—empty vessels; do not gather just a few. 4 And when you have come in, you shall shut the door behind you and your sons; then pour it into all those vessels, and set aside the full ones.”
5 So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured it out.
6 Now it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said to her son, “Bring me another vessel.” And he said to her, “There is not another vessel.” So the oil ceased.
7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debt; and you and your sons live on the rest.”
Citizens of Heaven
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me. . .” (2 Cor.6:14-18).
“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ”
“So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household”
1 Tim. 3:15
The church is God’s household
In other words, we are members of God’s family.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Introduce yourself and tell us a little about your family… ( names/ages/jobs/school)
- What is your favorite thing about each of your family members?
- What was your greatest takeaway from today’s lesson? why?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What/who have you overlooked in your house that is underutilized?
- The woman in the story had a family business, it was selling oil. What valuable resource, in your house, have you overlooked?
- How will you apply what you learned today?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Talk about a time in your life when your family bonded the most?
- Share a time God did something miraculous for you and your family.
- When have you followed a divine instruction that didn’t seem to make sense but
worked out in the end?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Pray for every person and their family. Pray for their eyes to be opened to overlooked resources pray for them not to give up on their family and be ready to give in. Pray
that they get out of debt and use the tools God gave them to Establish Legal in the kingdom of God. Pray for obedience to a divine Instruction.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- What steps in this lesson will you commit to living out this week/ month?
- As a Part of God family, we are called to continue the family business and
establish God’s Kingdom in the earth. What ways will you work to do this
intentionally this month?
- Write these down, for accountability and circle back the next time you
Please take a picture together.
Please post on social media about your Experience. Use the Hashtag:
#IFoundMyTribe and tag @therevolutioncm
Please share on Tuesday in the video booth so we can promote
Please feel free to connect before next month
Please pray about who you should bring to your Tribe.